Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

One Day

Zoe on the day we met
To see a music video with this song, click this link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJZEfCDTz1o


One Day

V 1 One day not so long ago, I was born
In a land oh so far away
For reasons I may never know, she left me
In a place where I would be found

One day can change it all, all I have ever known
I just hope that I understand one day

V 2 One day, I was tiny still, she held me
In a way that I would feel safe
So many other babies there, one day I learned
I would have to do without

V 3 One day, in a crowded room, she hugged me
I was scared, how my world would change
Tear drops fell from my eyes.  I didn’t know
Just how much, she loved me

V 4 One day, many years had passed, now I belong
My forever family
I thought back to the many days that changed my life
And now I finally know.

One day can change it all, all I have ever known
I knew that I would understand one day.
I just knew that I would understand one day. 

Beth Gore © 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment