Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

You Cared For Me

Click on this link to see a music video of this song:  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMcDjEDKfNg

You Cared For Me

I am hungry and I am thirsty
And I have no clothes to keep me warm
And I’m scared, nobody’s there to care for me

Where is my Mommy and where is my Daddy
I’m so confused who will take care of me
Where did they go?  I don’t know who loves me

My eyes have seen things that little eyes should not see
My ears have heard things that make me cry
Who to trust?  I don’t know who cares for me

Don’t talk to strangers is one thing I’ve learned
Now there’s no one around me that I even know
What to do?  Where to go?  I don’t know

You walked up to me and you smiled at me softly
And said that you made me some food I could eat
I’m not sure, nobody’s yet been kind to me

You gave me a toy and you read me a story
You saw I was scared so you held to me tight
I feel alone “cause I’m not home.  So who loves me

Now I am older, the years have gone quickly
I won’t soon forget all the things that you did
All the love that I felt you give to me

I open my arms and my heart to those just like me
I share my food, my love, my heart like you
Every day I repay what was done for me

It’s time that I thanked you by sharing my story
And thousands like you who gave me a chance
Now I know how to love.  You cared for me.

Beth Gore ©2008

No comments:

Post a Comment